Sajal Jagdish Heda
Sajal is CEO and Founding Partner of Amana Global Partners, which supports families and SFOs for their investment needs. He has around two decades of experience ranging from managing investments across asset classes and geographies to setting up of sophisticated single family offices. He has managed investments for prominent families in Middle East and Indian subcontinent. CIO magazine had selected Sajal, on their ‘40 under 40’ Chief Investment Officer list for 2016. He was involved with many notable international committees mainly – CFA Disciplinary Review Committee, AIMA Investor Steering Committee, CAIA Middle East Advisory Committee and others. He is very active on international conference speaker’s circuit and was involved with AIMA in writing papers. He is a graduate of Mumbai University, MBA from London Business School with CFA, CAIA and CDDA Charterholder and holds a CMA designation. He is an avid traveller and has been passionately involved in collecting Indian contemporary art.
Talal Marwan Elajou
Talal is a Founding Partner of Amana Global Partners, which advices families and Single Family Offices in the Middle East. He has multi-years of experience managing single-family office investments as he manages his own multi-billion-dollar single-family office. He represents his family interests in boards and advisory committees. He’s active in speaker circuits and been regularly invited to top-notch conferences in his region. His expertise is sourcing opportunities globally. He is an avid traveler and has been into collecting limited edition watches for the past 10 years.
Work experience: 30+ years of investment experience mainly
- 17 years with Abu Dhabi Investment Authority managing Fixed Income external funds
- 5 years with General Pensions and Social Security Authority (GPSSA) Abu Dhabi managing Liquid external funds
Education: CFA Charterholder (1995), Masters with major in Economics
Lakshmi Narayana Kollengode (LAN)
Work experience: 25+ years of experience mainly
- Chief Endowment Officer managing investments of USD 15 billion Endowment fund set up by Azim Premji, ranked among top 10 endowments globally.
- Active with three not-for-profit institutions mainly Azim Premji Foundation (APF), Azim Premji University (APU) and Azim Premji Philanthropic Initiatives (APPI)
- 17 years with Wipro Limited (NYSE:WIT) in various roles including that of the Chief Strategy Officer, CFO of IT business and Corporate Treasurer & Head of Investor Relations.
- Institutional Investors ranked LAN as No 1 IR representative between 2003 to 2005 among Tech companies in Asia
Education: Doctorate Indian Institute of Management – Lucknow, Management Accountant
Work experience: 25+ years of investment experience mainly
- Founder and Managing Partner of Grey House Advisory Inc, an alternative investments consulting firm
- Held senior management positions at The Carlyle Group, Diversified Global Asset Management, RBC Capital Markets Group
- Sa’ad is a member of MENSA, a board member at Necessary Angel Theatre Company, and member of Council of Advisors to The Wende Museum in Los Angeles
Work experience: 15+ years of investment related experience mainly
- Director at Abakkus Asset Managers based out of Mumbai, India
- Managing corporate, family offices and university clients investmentsacross asset classes
- Worked with Credit Suisse and Fidelity Investments before venturing to SFOs
- He has been very active at various CFA Institute volunteer committees like Disciplinary Review Committees and others.
Education: CFA Charterholder, CIPM, FCA, CFP, Masters in Commerce
- Involved in extensive research, analysis and due diligence for potential investments and business opportunities in order to have superior returns on invested capital, keeping in mind asset mix and diversification
- Involved in recruiting and building a diverse team, along with providing them appropriate training and platform to perform in a very conducive environment.
Education: CFA Charter Holder, Bachelor Of Commerce In Financial Accounting Management & Auditing.
- Actively involved in portfolio management with a concentration in equity markets, has conducted research across asset classes and geographies.
- Worked in the field of valuation, corporate finance advisory, mergers and acquisitions services, and financial advisory. Core expertise is due diligence across asset classes.
Education: CFA all levels cleared, Chartered Accountant, Bachelor of Commerce
- Worked on the functioning of various strategies, structures and performance attribution analysis of hedge funds during a stint with Morgan Stanley as Senior Associate in institutional equity division.
- Conducted an in-depth study of the business model and operational aspects of companies for financial advisory. Core expertise is to identify opportunities available across asset classes.
Education: CFA all levels cleared, Chartered Accountant, Bachelor of Commerce.